none
Deployment Error on BizTalk 2006 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed a BizTalk 2006 R2 Project on one of my servers (OS Win 2003)with WCF SQL Adapters retrieveing records from local DB SQL 2005.

I moved the code to my local computer (OS Win 7) and corrected the WCF Binding file to point to the new Server local DB SQL 2005. Able to successfully build the code.

While deploying it getting below error:

An attempt to connect to "BizTalkMgmtDb" SQL Server Database on server "localhost" failed.

Error: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

The user I am logged in is memebr of all BizTalk groups and a sysadmin on DB.

Please help.

vikingsss

Monday, September 24, 2012 5:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Vikingss,

In Visual studio, right click your project and click property.

In the deployment tab, please make sure that you fill in the server and configuration database as well as the application name under BizTalk group .

Please repeat this for all BizTalk projects in the solution.

hope that helps,

Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

• Edited by Mazin Alassaf Monday, September 24, 2012 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by vikingss Monday, September 24, 2012 10:06 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 9:18 AM

All replies

• Can you check your Application configuration Database. Error says it was configured to localhost. In you case is SQL and BizTalk on Same server. Try to give correct SQL server name which is holding BizTalk MGMT DB

Monday, September 24, 2012 5:35 AM
  • Hi Vikingss,

In Visual studio, right click your project and click property.

In the deployment tab, please make sure that you fill in the server and configuration database as well as the application name under BizTalk group .

Please repeat this for all BizTalk projects in the solution.

hope that helps,

• Edited by Mazin Alassaf Monday, September 24, 2012 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by vikingss Monday, September 24, 2012 10:06 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 9:18 AM
  • BizTalk and SQL is on same machine and SQL Server name is localhost. Itried with . and computer name but did not work.
    Monday, September 24, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Did you check the properties of your projects in Visual studio as i mentioned above?

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:26 AM
  • You can get the name of SQL server instance from the BizTalk Administration console as shown below and see if you have used any named instance for BizTalk. Also make sure that the SQL Server service is running on the location machine from services console.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:31 AM
  • It worked like a Charm. Many Thanks.
    Monday, September 24, 2012 10:06 AM