none
No Previous Versions of 2013 Workflows Appearing in WorkFlow Settings

Question

• As I tweak and publish my 2013 workflow, there is no listing of the previous versions of the workflows appearing in the Workflow Settings area for the library.

With 2010, I could move past erroring out workflows by publishing a new version, and then triggering the workflow again.

Now... I can't see which workflows are hung (all you can see without opening them is the stage label), and I can't just publish a new version to continue on.

I also can't kill multiple hung workflows en masse.

is there a new tool in 2013 gui somewhere to handle this?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do all 2013 workflows have this issue?

Please try to create and publish a new simple 2013 workflow in another site collection, then add a “Log to History List” action in this workflow and republish it, run this workflow to see if the “Log to History List” action executes.

If the issue still occurs in the new created 2013 workflow, please do the following steps:

1. Access SharePoint Designer 2013 > click All Files > right click Workflows list and select Properties, check the “Create a version each time you edit an item” option is checked.

2. Then click Administration Web Page button in the ribbon > click Versioning settings > enable major versions.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:34 AM
  • I may need to move this thread.   to clarify, I'm using 2013 workflows in the online sharepoint.

If that doesn't matter, on the site with the problem, I do see that versioning is on for both workflows and the library that I'm working with.

I've found on a second site that when I have a workflow made for a list, and again, am not seeing versions.

also on the second site, I don't even see a listing for Workflows.  the shortcut is in the main site objects navigation menu... but not listed within the all files list.

Monday, April 24, 2017 2:48 PM