Factory reset phone when it is disabled by MDM policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was implementing policies for windows 8.1 MDM and by mistake i have disabled wifi, factory reset and mdm unenrollment. Now device is not able connected to network so that i can revoke these policies and also device is not allowing me to reset and unenroll mdm.

I tried to update phone by Nokia Software recovery tool but settings are not getting flushed. Can anyone suggest how to reset phone in such condition. Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Ganesh Shinde

Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:43 PM

Answers

• I've been stuck here before :)

If you remote wipe, the device will never get the command since it cannot connect.

With deny factory reset, hardware button presses will not work.

Obviously cannot Unenroll. Nokia Software Recovery Tool (flashing) is going to be your only choice.

You could try bringing it to your Mobile Operator and seeing if their support will try to flash it.

For reference, here is the disclaimer in the MDM protocol doc:

WARNING

This feature should only be used on devices that are owned or provided by the enterprise company or organization or on a user owned device where the user allowed the device to be fully managed by the enterprise company.

As a Mobile Device Management Solutions Vendor, you must provide the following disclaimer to the IT administrator prior to the use of the feature.

This feature may cause the device to fail or lose connectivity and require that the device be serviced at a Nokia-authorized repair center to reset to factory settings. Microsoft is not liable for any damage to the device or any loss of productivity that results from use of this feature. Microsoft requires that software vendors provide disclaimers to users when their products expose this feature and capabilities.

• Marked as answer by Ganesh14Shinde Monday, October 13, 2014 11:01 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:20 PM

All replies

• Can you connect using data connection not WiFi to revoke these policies?
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:05 PM
  • I've been stuck here before :)

If you remote wipe, the device will never get the command since it cannot connect.

With deny factory reset, hardware button presses will not work.

Obviously cannot Unenroll. Nokia Software Recovery Tool (flashing) is going to be your only choice.

You could try bringing it to your Mobile Operator and seeing if their support will try to flash it.

For reference, here is the disclaimer in the MDM protocol doc:

WARNING

This feature should only be used on devices that are owned or provided by the enterprise company or organization or on a user owned device where the user allowed the device to be fully managed by the enterprise company.

As a Mobile Device Management Solutions Vendor, you must provide the following disclaimer to the IT administrator prior to the use of the feature.

This feature may cause the device to fail or lose connectivity and require that the device be serviced at a Nokia-authorized repair center to reset to factory settings. Microsoft is not liable for any damage to the device or any loss of productivity that results from use of this feature. Microsoft requires that software vendors provide disclaimers to users when their products expose this feature and capabilities.

• Marked as answer by Ganesh14Shinde Monday, October 13, 2014 11:01 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:20 PM