continue... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    The ssrs report has several pages.
    There is a table which is populated based on parameter.
    Sometimes based on the parameter, there are alot of rows which do not fit onto one page and so continue on the next page...
    If the table continues onto the next page, I would like to have the text "Continued..." on top of the next page
    How is this done please?

Thank you

Monday, January 6, 2020 3:38 PM

All replies

• Have a look at this. It explains how to do this.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3482/sql-server-reporting-services-ssrs-controlling-report-page-breaks/

Look at the section titled:

SSRS Page Numbering Options

Monday, January 6, 2020 3:45 PM
  • Hi arkiboys,

We can add page header or footer in the report.

Please refer to Add Headers and Footers to SSRS Report.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 7:00 AM
  • Have a look at this. It explains how to do this.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3482/sql-server-reporting-services-ssrs-controlling-report-page-breaks/

Look at the section titled:

SSRS Page Numbering Options

There does not seem to be anything regarding what I am after which is to basically put the word "Continued..."  on the next page of the report (Not the header) if it is a continuation from previous page.

Thank you

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:43 PM
  • Hi arkiboys,

We can add page header or footer in the report.

Please refer to Add Headers and Footers to SSRS Report.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thank you

But this does not do what I am after, which is to basically put the word "Continued..."  on the next page of the report (Not the header) if it is a continuation from previous page.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that we can just add text Continued in page header or footer according to page number.

Page Number: The current page number, which can be reset through the use of page breaks.

Can be used only in page header or footer.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:10 AM
  • Hi guys,
    Thank you for the help, however, I only want to place the text "Continued..." on the following page from the previous and not in the header.
    So if a table continues to the next page, on top of the page to show "Continued...."

Thank you

Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

May I know if you see the pictures of the preview page?

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Friday, January 10, 2020 7:37 AM