TFS 2008 Install - Missing VSSCONVERTER (not installed) RRS feed

• Question

• I just completed a test installation of TFS 2008 in a 32bit VPC image (Windows Servrer 2003).   I installed SQL Enterprise 2005 SP2, configured IIS, and all of the other pre-reqs to installing TFS.   I did not, however, install VSS 2005 of VSTS.

Now I want to convert a VSS database located on another system into this new TFS instance.  I did this before with TFS 2005 with no issues.   I went looking for the VSSCONVERTER program but could not find it on the server.   I dug around on the TFS install disc and found several directories that did not get copied to the server.

I ran the TFS setup again and specified a repair.   After a while it completes and I check the file system.  Same issue several folders and files where VSSCONVERTER should be is missing.

Do I need to have VSS or Visual Studio installed first in order for this to work?   Are there any install logs I can review that may explain whythe files are missing?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:56 PM

Answers

• Well I took a stab and it worked... just not sure what "fixed" it.   I installed VSTS 2008 and VSS 2005 on the server and then did a repair on TFS 2008.   The folders are all there now and the VSSCONVERTER files are also in place.   Now to migrate some code.  :-)

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 11:26 PM