No wireless internet connection possible

Question

• When I want to restart or shut down my computer my internet connection won't go on anymore I installed al the new drivers and even updated my bios but the wireless connection just won't turn on. I have an Acer aspire one A0D250.
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:11 AM

Answers

• After doing the updates from windows my internet connection worked fine. So anyone wo has this problem just update windows
    • Marked as answer by Tor, Jeroen Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:37 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hey there,

Can you clarify if this worked at first boot? On cold start, does the Wirelsss Internet connection work? What is your router, btw? 

Can you try to go to the legacy control panel and in the Wiresless Connection (WiFi) properties, enable only what is needed to connect to the Internet, such IPv4, IPv6.

Thanks,

Bobby

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:47 PM
    Answerer
  • hey Bobby,

My internet connection only worked when I restarted my computer it doesn't works when I turn on the computer or when it coms out of it's sleeping mode.

I tried to set the settings what you said but this also didn't worked, My router is an Speedtouch that is the only thing I know at the moment it came whit the provider were I am the moment it also already is almost I think 5 year old.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:38 AM
  • What do you see if the diagnose and repair the connection?
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:54 PM
  • This is what I get when I do the troubleshoot

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:13 PM
  • From the look of that screen, your wireless radio is not functioning.  Not familiar with that particular laptop, but most have a switch to turn the wireless radio on and off and some have a software package to control the wireless radio.  Check with your laptop manufacture if you need any assistance locating and verifying that the radio is turned on. 
    Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:42 PM
  • I already tried that. And only the first time when I installed the driver for the network card it work but not anymore after that
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:43 PM
  •  

If you go into the control panel > system and Security > Device Manager and expand network adaptors then double click on your wireless network card, what is the message under device status?

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:51 PM
  • It sais This Device works properly
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:59 PM
  • After doing the updates from windows my internet connection worked fine. So anyone wo has this problem just update windows
    • Marked as answer by Tor, Jeroen Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:37 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:37 PM
  • like me but I have Dell mini 1018 ..and the driver doesn't installed actually ..if there any way to back win7 and already I have the folder that contained old win7...thank you
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:14 AM