none
Choose Visual Studio Run Time version in office

Question

• I have Visual studio 2005 run time and VS 2010 Run time installed on my machine. When ever I want to write some code in InfoPath, the editor will open with the 2005 tool. How can I change that to 2010 ?
    Monday, February 01, 2016 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi WaelT,

Thanks for you post.

Did you mean you want to open the file in VS2010 instead of opening it in VS2005?

You could right click the InfoPath file and select Visual Studio and Open with VS2010.

Since VS2005 is a such old version of Visual Studio which we don't support it now.

For your problem. If you don't want to use VS2005. I suggest you could uninstall VS2005. Then when you write some code in InfoPath. The editor will open in VS2010 by defualt.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed the issue is related to Visual Studio instead of Visio 2010. We have moved this thread to Visual Studio forum for better suggestion.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Hi WaelT,

Thanks for you post.

Did you mean you want to open the file in VS2010 instead of opening it in VS2005?

You could right click the InfoPath file and select Visual Studio and Open with VS2010.

Since VS2005 is a such old version of Visual Studio which we don't support it now.

For your problem. If you don't want to use VS2005. I suggest you could uninstall VS2005. Then when you write some code in InfoPath. The editor will open in VS2010 by defualt.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 4:52 AM