none
_COMPlusExceptionCode = -532459699 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello everyone,

I am writting a c# software that reads and writes in a db trough an interface some data... I have problems with a guid field because I can't read and load a null field into an object and I also can't convert a empty string into guid or directly write it in a guid field. Can somebody plese help me?

here is a piece of the code:

else

{

SqlConnection rConnection = new SqlConnection(kConnString);

SqlCommand rQrySqlCmd = new SqlCommand();

rLibId = fData.rLibId;

rLibrary = fData.rLibrary;

rItem = fData.rItem;

rItemCategory = fData.rItemCategory;

rItemDescription = fData.rItemDescription;

rItemObsolete = fData.rItemObsolete;

rItemLN = fData.rItemLN;

rItemBarCode = fData.rItemBarCode;

rLibDicID = fData.rLibDicID;

#region query

string kQuery = "insert into libreg (rlibdictionary ,rlibitem ,rlibcategory ,rlibdescription ,rlibobsolete "+/*,rlibbarcode ,rlibln*/

",rlibrdicid)" +

"values ('" + rLibrary + "','" + rItem + "','" + rItemCategory + "','" +

rItemDescription + "','" + rItemObsolete + "','" /*+ rItemBarCode + "','"+ rItemBarCode + "','"*/

+ rLibDicID + "')";

#endregion

try

{

rConnection.Open();

rQrySqlCmd.Connection = rConnection;

rQrySqlCmd.CommandText = kQuery;

rQrySqlCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();

//Explodes here (_COMPlusExceptionCode = -532459699,e = {"Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier."}

}

catch (Exception e)

{

MessageBox.Show(e.ToString());

}

finally

{

rConnection.Close();

}

i apologize for my written

thanks

Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi

If you want to pass NULL as a GUID value, you have several options:

1. do not specify its name and value inside INSERT command - it will have default value NULL
    2. use NULL string, but do not enclose it with single quotes. I see in your code that you enclose every value with single quotes - you need to change it and add special support for NULL values that are not enclosed. The command will be like:
      INSERT INTO [MyTable] ([Name], [ID]) VALUES ('Name1', NULL)

If your database does not support NULL values for GUID, you can use empty GUID value, which is Guid.Empty.ToString(). If the ID field must always have a valid GUID, you can use Guid.NewGuid().ToString() value to create new uniqie guid. In both cases, if you do provide a GUID value (either empty or unique or other), you should enclose it with single quotes.

Let me know if you have more questions,

Nissim

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you want to pass NULL as a GUID value, you have several options:

1. do not specify its name and value inside INSERT command - it will have default value NULL
    2. use NULL string, but do not enclose it with single quotes. I see in your code that you enclose every value with single quotes - you need to change it and add special support for NULL values that are not enclosed. The command will be like:
      INSERT INTO [MyTable] ([Name], [ID]) VALUES ('Name1', NULL)

If your database does not support NULL values for GUID, you can use empty GUID value, which is Guid.Empty.ToString(). If the ID field must always have a valid GUID, you can use Guid.NewGuid().ToString() value to create new uniqie guid. In both cases, if you do provide a GUID value (either empty or unique or other), you should enclose it with single quotes.

Let me know if you have more questions,

Nissim

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:50 PM
  • Thanks Nissim, I've solved the problem

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:20 AM