IMFMediaEngine controlling presentation clock help

Question

• Hi all,

I am using the IMFMediaEngine as a video player in my DX app. Everything is OK but I cannot seem to find a way to have multiple IMFMediaEngine players share a presentation clock.

Other MF video player interfaces have methods that let you have multiple videos share a clock and stay in sync (i.e. GetPresentationClock / SetTimeSource).

What is the recommended way to synch playback of multiple IMFMediaEngine videos?

Thanks!

Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hello,

It is typically up to the sink to implement the clock. If you have standard audio output the sink will always be the audio card. Two instances of the media engine will usually use the same clock implemented on the sound card. Because of this you shouldn't need to modify the sink's clock. If you are not using the audio interface's clock you are likely going to have more trouble. At this time there is no way to create a system clock from the context of a Windows Store app.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Monday, July 29, 2013 11:11 PM