JavaScript critical error at line 1, column 11 in ms-appx://myfile.js.map\n\nSCRIPT1004: Expected ';'

Question

• my project uses typescript, and running on VS 2013 update 2, and recently I upgraded to VS 2013 update 4, and ever since, I started getting an error with the following message -

JavaScript critical error at line 1, column 11 in ms-appx://myfile.js.map\n\nSCRIPT1004: Expected ';'

my project uses chai assertion library and mocha test framework, and throws this error until it iterates over all map files and then bail out finally.

Regards, Rv.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:46 AM

All replies

• You should ask this question on a forum that supports typescript.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:46 PM
  • Thanks for pointing it out, by the time I submitted, session logged out, and defaulted to this... will repost the question in the other forum.

moved to the other forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f74a712-7df5-4a66-bcd4-54fb814a85f3/javascript-critical-error-at-line-1-column-11-in-msappxmyfilejsmapnnscript1004-expected?forum=winappswithhtml5

Regards, Rv.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:15 PM