none
oracle 10 g migration into sql server 2005 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi guys ,i need some help on Localtimestamp issue . in oracle 10 g there is Localtimestamp available is there any function or functionality available in Sql server 2005 .

if available plz send me on

mankape.pravin@gmail.com

Friday, July 18, 2008 10:32 AM

Answers

• What are using Localtimestamp for? You can't alter a session timezone in SQL Server but there may be an alternative to what you're trying to do. The date retrieval functions in Transact SQL are GetDate (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) which returns the date of the host system irrespective of time zone, and GetUTCDate which returns the GMT.
    Friday, July 18, 2008 12:22 PM

All replies

• What are using Localtimestamp for? You can't alter a session timezone in SQL Server but there may be an alternative to what you're trying to do. The date retrieval functions in Transact SQL are GetDate (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) which returns the date of the host system irrespective of time zone, and GetUTCDate which returns the GMT.
    Friday, July 18, 2008 12:22 PM
  •  

Dear sir ,

Thanks for Giving  replay .actually i want Actual replacement for Locattimestamp function .

in oracle there is like "select Localtimestamp from dueal  "

or  select * from tablename where date <=localtimestamp

i want to replace localtimestamp in sql server during migration from oracle 10 g to sql server 2005 . & sql server 2005 not support for localtimestamp .is there any functionality present in sql server 2005 which we can implement in t-sql for localtimestamp.

thanks & regards

Pravin m

zcon_pravin.m@hotmail.com

Mankape.pravin@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:41 AM
  • There is no session time zone support in SQL Server as I mentioned. If you just want to return the system date/time you can use the TRANSACT SQL functions I mentioned in my prior post.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:08 PM