how to generate dependency graph from uml class diagram present in project. with architecture explorer program or file dependency can be drawn i tried changing in XML source file of graph but class id and name it is not taking as node type RRS feed

• Question

• my requirement is generating directed graph having nodes as class names present in UML class diagram source file with bi direction association present between classes. while generating directed graph all possible associations are generated and user can pick one among them. a sort of design solution  
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi angadis,

This forum is to discuss and ask questions about Visual Studio Extensibility (VSX), using the Extension Manager, building VSIX containers for deployment, the Visual Studio SDK, Text Templates (T4), add-ins, macros, and more.

According to the information you mentioned above, I’m not clear that what visual studio extension you want to realize. If you just have some questions about how to use UML Class Diagrams, please post this issue in Visual Studio Code Visualization & Modeling Tools forum. Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Sunny

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:27 PM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi angadis,

I'm afraid that I need your details.

Please read "UML Class Diagrams: Reference" first.

Best regards,

Sunny

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:34 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

Thanks for reply and giving reference to link but my doubt is if i have created file say classdiag.classdiagram by taking this class contents classx, classy graph should be generated. in the graph nodes will be classx, classy... and associations between classes are edges. is it possible with draw graph option 

class based dependency graph need not be inheritance type. association between classes. 

thanks and regards

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hi angadis,

This forum is to discuss and ask questions about Visual Studio Extensibility (VSX), using the Extension Manager, building VSIX containers for deployment, the Visual Studio SDK, Text Templates (T4), add-ins, macros, and more.

According to the information you mentioned above, I’m not clear that what visual studio extension you want to realize. If you just have some questions about how to use UML Class Diagrams, please post this issue in Visual Studio Code Visualization & Modeling Tools forum. Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Sunny

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:27 PM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:51 AM