none
Good place for shard settings used in an Outlook addin and an Exchange transport agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

what I've got here is an Outlook 2010 addin (c#) and an Exchange 2010 SP2 transport agent (c#). When a user sends mail, he can set some checkboxes in the addin what impacts the way, the transport agent handles the mail. This information is stored in the header of the mail. What I still need is a good place for the default settings. For each checkbox there is a default on user level - in the addin I need to read/write the default and in the transport agent I need to read this.

A good place would possibly be the Outlook.StorageItem. As far as I know, a cached version of storageItem is also available when outlook is offline (per business requirements we need to support offline scenario). The storageItem seems to be an hidden item on folder level in the store and I haven't yet found a way to read this in the transport agent per ews. Advices are very welcome ;-)

Or is there another good place to store such settings in exchange? AD is not writeable from within the addin in our company. And I would like to avoid having a sql server for this.

Thorsten

Friday, January 11, 2013 7:35 AM