DTC on Active/Active Cluster RRS feed

• Question

• I have an active/active setup  with 3 groups.  Two SQL Groups and one cluster group that also contains the DTC.  I am 99% sure that I setup everything correctly and everything appears to be running fine.  The issue is that in SQL Mgmt Studio, the instance that is running on the physical node that owns the Cluster group (therefor has the DTC) shows the Distributed Transaction Coordinator as online.  The instance running on the other node show it as offline.  Is this correct behavior?  I am not a SQL Expert, and know enough to get things up and running and maintain them.  Thanks in advance!
    Friday, October 5, 2007 8:10 PM

All replies

• I just went through the same exact setup over the weekend and have the same exact question.  I was going to create a 4th group just for DTC but everything is working as it should. I hope someone out there can help on this one.  As soon as I fail over the second instance of SQL over to the server that has the DTC SQL Studio shows it as running.  I am working with our SQL guy to see if this is going to be a gotcha or not.

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:27 PM
  •  

I also posted this question on another board and got some responses.  I never got a conclusive answer but I am pretty comfortable with the status.  Here is the link to the thread.  http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic407502-54-1.aspx  [login required]
    Monday, October 22, 2007 6:31 PM
  • LOL this was the exact thing I was going to have our programmer run.  Thanks and I bet it's a bug in SQL Studio. I will be conducting the test shortly to see if this config will do the job.

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:58 PM