none
hi. I want to set default print property A4, horizontal(landscape ) RRS feed

• Question

• but I can not found reportView property about this.
    How can I set print property horizontal.

and I make a winform and add reportViewer. and I bind a business object in my reportViewer.

and I add some textbox in my report. I want those textbox only showing printed page. So I set textbox property in Visibility.hidden=true. but I can not set this property true using code access.

plz. help me.

Have a nice day.
    Thanks.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:20 AM

Answers

• You can achieve this with charm.
    Standard size for A4 = 8.3 inches × 11.7 inches(Portrait).
    So, have your RDLC with dimensions: 11.7 inches × 8.3 inches(for Landscape).
    Done. Your A4 sized Reports are ready for printouts or for saving it as PDF etc.

You don't need to do anything extra to have a A4 Landscape Report for prints or to save.
    Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by potriat Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:39 AM

All replies

• You can achieve this with charm.
    Standard size for A4 = 8.3 inches × 11.7 inches(Portrait).
    So, have your RDLC with dimensions: 11.7 inches × 8.3 inches(for Landscape).
    Done. Your A4 sized Reports are ready for printouts or for saving it as PDF etc.

You don't need to do anything extra to have a A4 Landscape Report for prints or to save.
    Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by potriat Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Thanks.

but I want to set default print option landscape.
    It always set portrait. So I always have to set page property.
    How can I set this in VS, not in runtime.

Thanks for your helps.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:27 AM
  • Well, please check that you don't have blank spaces at the borders of the RDLC report.
    Can you send the snapshot of your RDLC file- full view?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:21 AM
  • Hi potrait,

The dimensions of the report are based off of the RDLC file. You would need to edit the RDLC file page size properties as Abhijeet mentions if you wanted to do this at design time and not run time.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:25 PM