none
want to extend the instant search so my user property can also be part of it. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VSTO 4.0 with VS2010 for developing outlook adding for Outlook 2010.

In my addin i am creating a seperate pst and keeping data in mailItem. I am adding some user properties in mailitem and showing them but customizing the form region. While in explorer using customized the view where user can search by using instant search. But the problem here is that instant search is looking under Subject, body and attachment only. I want to extent the instant search so it will search in specific user property of mailitem as well. Does there any to extend the instant search in such a way.

I search in internet but dont find any fruitful help.

Waiting for some help and thanks in advance.

Anand
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:55 AM

Answers

• Sorry, I don't know of any way to do that.

If the user properties were added to the folder when they were created they can be used in an AdvancedSearch on the folder or store, and/or a search folder.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Anand Kumar Srivastava" <=?utf-8?B?QW5hbmQgS3VtYXIgU3JpdmFzdGF2YQ==?=> wrote in message news:a92007ae-ef1e-40cf-b4bc-a0ed88723452...

Hi,

I am using VSTO 4.0 with VS2010 for developing outlook adding for Outlook 2010.

In my addin i am creating a seperate pst and keeping data in mailItem. I am adding some user properties in mailitem and showing them but customizing the form region. While in explorer using customized the view where user can search by using instant search. But the problem here is that instant search is looking under Subject, body and attachment only. I want to extent the instant search so it will search in specific user property of mailitem as well. Does there any to extend the instant search in such a way.

I search in internet but dont find any fruitful help.

Waiting for some help and thanks in advance.

Anand

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:14 PM