How to configure batch service to run multi-instances MPI task?? RRS feed

• Question

• https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowshpc/2016/07/20/introducing-mpi-support-for-linux-on-azure-batch

I have read the blogs,but I can not find the configurations in the Azure portal, I do not know how to configure ,who can help me?Thanks~~~~

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi yqy_azure,

Is there a particular blog section that you're having trouble following?

If you select a Batch account in the portal, the left menu bar has a section called "Features" with links to Applications, Pools, Jobs, Job Schedules, and Certificates:

If you click on Pools, you'll get a list of your current pools, and there's an Add button at the top that you can click to create a new pool.  In the pane that pops up, fill in the properties according to the blog post and click OK when you're done.

Once you've created your pool, you want to click Jobs in the Features menu on the left to go to the Jobs view.  Again, there's an Add button at the job of the Jobs list that lets you create a new Job. 

After you've created a Job, if you click the Job in the Jobs list, you'll see a Tasks pane open on the right side displaying the Tasks under your Job.  Click the Add button in the Tasks list and fill in the properties specified in the blog post to create the task.

Hopefully that helps you get started, but let us know if you have follow up questions or if there's a specific step that you're having trouble with.

• Edited by JGSchneider Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Just to add to Jasper's answer:

When creating a pool set turn on 'Inter-node communication'. This will guarantee that all of the nodes are able to communicate with one another. As the warning show, it will limit the size of the pool based on type. Below, for a "Cloud Servce" pool the limit is 50 nodes. 

Once your pool is configured, create a job using that pool. Any tasks created for that job can use the "Multi-instance settings" to enable MPI on the task.

The task will now run, and produce sub tasks as defined by the 'Number of instances'. 

Pabs

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:58 PM