How to get SD Card Device Information in Windows 8 Modern App?

Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to get compare the SD Card Vendor ID in Windows 8 Modern App. But using StorageFolder API i could not even find any details about SD Card like SD Card ID, Vendor Name etc.. Do we have any other Windows 8 API to get those details. 

Thanks,

Kamal. 

-Kamal. If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hi KamalWP7,

As I know, there is no pubic SD card API in store app yet. You can find device support from here.

If you want this feature, I suggest you send post on UserVoice to ask for it.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:43 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, I cannot find any APIs to get those information. Can you tell us what do you really want to do? Maybe we can find a work around.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:54 PM
  • Sure. Actual Requirement is as below. 

I will get the list of SD Card ID from the vendor and it will be uploaded in my database. Now I have an Windows 8 app which should do some process only if this SD Card id matches with my records in my database. So to perform this i need to Get the SD Card id from Windows 8 application. But Win8 API does not provide any information about the SD Card or not even it is SD card or USB drive. The API is actually targeted for ExternalStorage which will provide all the folders available in the External store irrespective to where it is SD Card or USB drive or both etc.. 

Thanks,

Kamal. 

-Kamal. If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:36 PM
  • Hi KamalWP7,

As I know, there is no pubic SD card API in store app yet. You can find device support from here.

If you want this feature, I suggest you send post on UserVoice to ask for it.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:43 AM