none
Extracting certain data from PDF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I know that MS Access doesn't support importing data from PDF, I converted my PDF file to txt, however, I just want to import certain information from the txt file. When I imported the txt file, Access created a field for the ID and put all txt file information in field 1, filed 2 and 3 and 4 are empty. the txt file has a lot of information that I don't need, I just need certain information to be imported and placed in the proper field. I can't keep cleaning up and rearranging each txt file before importing, because there will be a lot of files to be worked with, I am looking for away to just extract the data that I need only. 

If anyone can help me with this I realy appreciate it, I can send him/her the file.

Thanks in advance

moalmasri

Saturday, June 9, 2018 7:36 AM

Answers

• Unless the text file is an accurate reproduction of the PDF (not something you can guarantee with conversions) and unless the format of the 'data' it contains is logical, extracting that data is going to be problematical.

If you send the text file and the pdf file on which it is based to the contact e-mail address on my web site I will have a look at it and see what sort of a mess it is in. No guarantees!

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

• Marked as answer by Moalmasri Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:49 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:40 AM
  • This looks like a repost.  I answered earlier.

I think you talking about a PDF form.  If so you can read the form using VBA with Adobe Acrobat.  There is no need to use text files.  If you Google/Bing 'VBA Read PDF Form'  you should find numerous examples like this one.

• Marked as answer by Moalmasri Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:50 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:29 PM

All replies

• Unless the text file is an accurate reproduction of the PDF (not something you can guarantee with conversions) and unless the format of the 'data' it contains is logical, extracting that data is going to be problematical.

If you send the text file and the pdf file on which it is based to the contact e-mail address on my web site I will have a look at it and see what sort of a mess it is in. No guarantees!

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

• Marked as answer by Moalmasri Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:49 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:40 AM
  • This looks like a repost.  I answered earlier.

I think you talking about a PDF form.  If so you can read the form using VBA with Adobe Acrobat.  There is no need to use text files.  If you Google/Bing 'VBA Read PDF Form'  you should find numerous examples like this one.

• Marked as answer by Moalmasri Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:50 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:29 PM
  • Thanks a lot. I looked at the example and I may be able to figure it out.

I appreciate the help

moalmasri

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:50 PM