none
SSO Configuration Application MMC Snap-In-Error while Creating Key/Value RRS feed

Answers

• Hi All, 

I have found the issue, So I thoght it will help other readers.

It seems that SSO Configuration Application MMC Snap only works from the SSO master secret server. In dev enviornment it is a single setup so it always worked. In test enviornment the SSO master sercet was on another server (SQL Server) so it never worked from the BizTalk box. 

In my opinion it works from SSO master secret server, e.g. if in production we have multi box setup then if we try to create a new key value pair we have to open the MMC on the SSO master secret box. It will not work from the other boxes.

Please feel free to post if my observation is wrong here. 

Hope this helps .

Friday, December 30, 2016 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Naushad, I have seen this issues. What I did was uninstall and re install the mmc set up and then fix the binding redirection to the latest dll version I saw in the GAC and then restarted my system.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for replying, Tried this but its not working. 

<font face="Segoe UI">Greetings,HTH<br/> <b>Naushad Alam </b><br/> <br/> When you see answers and helpful posts, please click <b>Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer</b>, and/or <b>Mark As Answer</b> <br/> <a href="http://alamnaushad.wordpress.com/" target="_blank">alamnaushad.wordpress.com</a> <br/> </font>

Monday, October 24, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Hi All, 

I have found the issue, So I thoght it will help other readers.

It seems that SSO Configuration Application MMC Snap only works from the SSO master secret server. In dev enviornment it is a single setup so it always worked. In test enviornment the SSO master sercet was on another server (SQL Server) so it never worked from the BizTalk box. 

In my opinion it works from SSO master secret server, e.g. if in production we have multi box setup then if we try to create a new key value pair we have to open the MMC on the SSO master secret box. It will not work from the other boxes.

Please feel free to post if my observation is wrong here. 

Hope this helps .

Friday, December 30, 2016 11:08 AM
  • Hi Naushad, Good Morning. I am facing the similar issue in accessing SSO Configuration application MMC snapin  it given an error "User is not an SSO Administrator". We are unable to view any appication key and subkeys. We are having a multi box environment. I tried from one of the BizTalk 2010 box still the same error. As per your advise tried in Master Secret server box also, even then same error. Uninstalled and installed the MMC snapin BizTalk Box still no progress. We are facing this issue since 4 days and our environment is getting impacted.

We have already added all the SSO admin and Affiliate Admin account in all the boxes  but still does not work. Restarted the services and servers also. 

Kindly help us at the earliest please to avoid any major impact.

Thanks

Kamal

ckamal2417@hotmail.com

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:01 AM