Emailing Power Pivot Dashboards RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody!

I recently started using Excel Power Pivot, and created a dashboard with charts/ tables/ and slicers. Now I wanted to send it to my managers and coworkers, but when they tried to open the dashboards they wouldnt open. The error said something about the slicers not being supported by Mac 2011. 

Is there a way around this? I'd like the dashboards to be available to view by anyone we send it to. 

Thank you!

Elaine

Friday, October 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Elaine,

Office for Mac (2011 or 2016) doesn't have Power Pivot/Data Model features at the present time. A possible way to deliver dashboards and charts to these users might be to re-create them in Power View for Excel (assuming you have 2013) or using Power BI Desktop (you can import the data model from a Power Pivot workbook) and publish them using the Power BI Service. I appreciate that this may not be feasible (depending on the amount off effort and complexity) but thought I would make you aware of it in any case. If your company uses SharePoint 2010 or 2013 then you may also consider using Power Pivot for SharePoint 2010/2013 to publish the workbooks as they are and have them available to users that have access to the SharePoint site. In either of these cases, users would be able to view and interact with the dashboards/reports using most modern web browsers and this will remove the dependency on the OS and Microsoft Office/Excel version.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

• Edited by Michael Amadi Sunday, October 25, 2015 8:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, October 26, 2015 7:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:56 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 11:12 PM