none
Letters are closer(Times New Roman font) while converting word to pdf using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word RRS feed

• Question

• I am converting word file to pdf using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word. When the word has Times New Roman, the letter are coming very closer in the PDF. 

For Eg, in the word 'Company', letters 'm' and 'p' are very closer in the PDF. 

I am getting this issue in Windows 2008 server. I tried Windows 7, it is working fine. The letters are closer only in windows 2008 server.

I am using Microsoft Word 2010, and C#.net (4.0) code.

Please suggest the solution.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi

Thanks for your info. The issue was with the ‘printer spooler’ service not running in the windows 2008 server. This service was manulaly setup , and did not run.

We changed the the service status as automatic, so it get started when windows started.

Thanks a lot for your suggesstion.

Regards,

Satheesh

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Any one can give an idea for this issue?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:44 AM
  • Do you see the same if you create the PDF file using the commands in Word (as an end-user)? Or does the problem appear only when using code?

If the behavior is the same, then this isn't something we can answer or solve for you here, in the programming forum. The behavior would be intrinsic to Word + Windows and your best bet for getting support would be the communities or an IT Pro forum.

If the behavior is different, try recording a macro when saving to PDF as an end-user then compare the syntax Word uses with that in your C# code (compare the object, properties and methods, not VB vs. C#).

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:16 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your info. The issue was with the ‘printer spooler’ service not running in the windows 2008 server. This service was manulaly setup , and did not run.

We changed the the service status as automatic, so it get started when windows started.

Thanks a lot for your suggesstion.

Regards,

Satheesh

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Glad things are working now. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:22 PM
  • I have the printer spooler service started but the issue still occur.

Any idea what will be other causes for this case?

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:34 AM