none
Is it possible to get the 3D view from Kinect v2 in Windows 10 (64 Bit) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I want to get access to the 3D view. Basically what I need is something like below:

Screenshot of 3D view shown in Kinect Studio

Is it possible to access this view? may be by using Microsot Kinect v2 API? Or something like Point Cloud data?

Thank you very much for your help.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:04 PM

All replies

• You can roll your own but the PointCloud library included in Kinect Studio is not available.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:39 PM
  • Hi Nikolaos Patsiouras,

Thank you very much.

I am able to get the ColorFrame, DepthFrame, BodyFrame using Kinect v2 API. But how do I construct a 3D view similar to which is being shown in Kinect Studio in the picture above?

Can you please explain it more? Any sample code/reference would be appreciated more.

Thanks again for the support.

-

Ravi

• Edited by Ravi 123 Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:15 PM
  • Search this forum for Point Cloud and several threads should pop up. I know there are some which have code samples.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:28 PM
  • Hi Nikolaos Patsiouras,

As always, thank you very much.

I searched this forum and found many such questions. Unfortunately, most of them were unanswered. Also, I couldn't find any code samples.

Can you please spend little more time and explain the procedure to get the 3D view? I would really appreciate the code samples.

Thanks again.

-

Ravi

Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Read this. I think the code here is enough to get an idea how to do it.

PS: I haven't actually done this myself but from what I see it should be ok.
    Monday, October 23, 2017 11:56 AM