MSSCCI Provider 12.1.00402.0 without VS 2013 installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When trying to install MSSCCI Provider version 12.1.00402.0 with VS 2015 installed (and not VS 2013) you get an error.

At the download location https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/06c8e056-7f77-4a5c-9b8b-49318c143df8

There is a note from 27 August 2015 that says the VS 2015 is supported.
    I have tried to install VS 2013 Team Explorer but the error message persists.
    I would rather not have to install VS 2013 since I would like to update to VS 2015.

Is there a fix?

Kind Regards

Jes Holm

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jes,

What’s your operation system?

System requirements:

• 32-bit Operating System
      • Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:30 AM
  • Hi Starain,

Thanks for you reply

It is Windows 7 64 bit.
    The system requirements are not correct. The 32 / 64 bit MSSCII edition is dependant of the application that uses MSSCCII.

MSSCII 12.1.00402.0 32 bit was working fine for me while I have VS 2013 installed. When I uninstalled it and installed VS 2015 instead, MSSCII stopped working.

Kind regards,
    Jes

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Hi Jes,

>> The system requirements are not correct. The 32 / 64 bit MSSCII edition is dependant of the application that uses MSSCCII.

What application that you mean?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:03 AM
  • Hi Starain,

I am using MSSCCII for IAR Embedded Workbench.

Actually I have now tried to install VS 2013 to get MSSCCII working again. But I still get the same error message. I must have something to do with VS 2015 being installed.

Regards

Jes

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:16 AM
  • Hi Jes,

Base on my test in windows server 2012 with VS2013 and VS 2015 installed, I can install TFS MSSCCI provider.

Please try to repair your VS 2013 and VS 2015 and try again.

Regards

Starain

Monday, September 14, 2015 9:23 AM
  • Hi Starain,

I followed your advise and repaired both VS 2013 and VS 2015. It took some hours....

Unfortunately same error when trying to install MSSCCI. Maybe it is related to that I have a program that uses VS 2013 shell? Could the MSSCCI msi get confused about that?

BTW: I noticed that the release date of the MSSCCI was updated on 11 Sep, but still the same binary file.

Regards

Jes

Monday, September 14, 2015 12:58 PM
  • Hi Jes,

Base on my test in a machine with just VS 2015 installed, it has the same issue.

I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding. After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. 

Regards

Starain

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Hi Starain,

Thanks for you help!

I have reported the problem here: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1792076

And I will try to fix my problem by uninstalling VS 2015 and VS 2013 and then install them in chronological order....

Kind regards,

Jes Holm

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:47 AM