form1 mysql login(username and password) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i just created a form1 login with (textbox1(user_name)) and (textbox2(user_passord)) with button1, and i want to create a second form2 with status(who is logged in(user_name)) and to take from that user logged in the other things like:

form2= button1 (user_email and user_email_password) to auto login to a webbrowser

Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hi CatalinOSU,

and i want to create a second form2 with status(who is logged in(user_name)) and to take from that user logged in the other things like:

form2= button1 (user_email and user_email_password) to auto login to a webbrowser

According to your above description I guess you want to login the corresponding website through the button in Form2 and show the website in the web browser. If so, you’d better have a look at below thread to learn how to login the web site through web browser. If it’s not what you want, please let me know.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/5c5535/how-to-login-gmail-and-facebook-with-vb-form/

But, I think it’s not good to do it, because the other website username and password would be stored in this application and this is not safe. So, you could make the button to change the browser URL and let the users enter the password and username by themselves.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Friday, April 22, 2016 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi, i just created a form1 login with (textbox1(user_name)) and (textbox2(user_passord)) with button1, and i want to create a second form2 with status(who is logged in(user_name)) and to take from that user logged in the other things like:

Where would the status come from? How is the app supposed to know which login status to check for? Maybe the user is logged into email and signed into google and signed into msdn. They probably logged into PC also.

You don't log into WebBrowsers. WebBrowsers can navigate the web. Some sites on the web allow or require logins.

La vida loca

Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:54 PM
  • hi,and thanks for reply i just made some pictures form1form2

if u want i can post the code for form 1 but is only the code for mysql connection :)

and this is what i got in mysql

• Edited by CatalinOSU Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:29 PM new
    Saturday, April 16, 2016 9:58 PM
  • Hi CatalinOSU,

and i want to create a second form2 with status(who is logged in(user_name)) and to take from that user logged in the other things like:

According to your above description I guess you want to login the corresponding website through the button in Form2 and show the website in the web browser. If so, you’d better have a look at below thread to learn how to login the web site through web browser. If it’s not what you want, please let me know.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/5c5535/how-to-login-gmail-and-facebook-with-vb-form/

But, I think it’s not good to do it, because the other website username and password would be stored in this application and this is not safe. So, you could make the button to change the browser URL and let the users enter the password and username by themselves.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Friday, April 22, 2016 9:36 AM
  • hi Albert_Zhang, thanks for answering, it`s not what i want :( i want to login with username and password from mysql then if ok show form2 with user logedin and if i press the button1 "twitter" then it takes from mysql from that user logedin(row/column) the user_email1 and user_email1_pass then auto login to twitter with email and pass :).
    Friday, April 22, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Hi CatalinOSU,

>>i want to login with username and password from mysql then if ok show form2 with user logedin and if i press the button1 "twitter" then it takes from mysql from that user logedin(row/column) the user_email1 and user_email1_pass then auto login to twitter with email and pass

Thank you for your response.

My above reply is about how to use username and password to auto login the other sites, such as “twitter”, ”Facebook” etc. It corresponds to the second part of your need and you’d better have a look. And I think this is the key point in your whole need.

Besides, according to your description, this issue is more like a design problem, do you have any issue during coding? Could you show the relevant code to clarify the issue you encountered? I suggest you’d better do it by yourself at first and if you any issues during coding, please free feel to post them here.

If you have any issue about connecting with mysql using vb.net, you could first have a look at below thread to learn how to implement this part.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6190599/vb-net-mysql-connection

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:18 AM