none
.NET Framework 1.1 SP1 - confirm support end date please RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been looking at the product support page but I dont really fully understand the "Support ends 12 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product's support lifecycle, whichever comes first"  bit.

So can someone categorically confirm if .NET framework 1.1 SP1 support has ended (on 08/10/2013) or is still going?

Many thanks.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:38 AM

Answers

• "It is shown here that shows .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 is still supported because the Service Pack Support End Date is black."

Are you sure? The way I read that table is that the support for the .NET Framework 1.1 product had ended on 8/10/2013 and together with that the support for any service packs:

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport says:

"When support for a product ends, support of all the service packs for that product will also end. The product’s support lifecycle supersedes the service pack support policy"

That column was left blank because there was no other SP to supersede SP1.

• Proposed as answer by cheong00Editor Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by KeithAMS Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:51 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>>So can someone categorically confirm if .NET framework 1.1 SP1 support has ended (on 08/10/2013) or is still going?

It is shown here that shows .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 is still supported because the Service Pack Support End Date is black. If the team decides to end the support, they should give a specific date in the black place.

The date “08/10/2013” is shown the end support date of .NET Framework 1.1.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:41 AM
  • "It is shown here that shows .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 is still supported because the Service Pack Support End Date is black."

Are you sure? The way I read that table is that the support for the .NET Framework 1.1 product had ended on 8/10/2013 and together with that the support for any service packs:

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport says:

"When support for a product ends, support of all the service packs for that product will also end. The product’s support lifecycle supersedes the service pack support policy"

That column was left blank because there was no other SP to supersede SP1.

• Proposed as answer by cheong00Editor Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by KeithAMS Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:51 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:12 AM
  • This was how I thought I understood it but wasn't sure as the first reply shows.

So are we saying support definitively ended on 8/10/2013 then?

Many thanks.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Yes. When I think what Mike said is the right interpretation to the chart. When Extended Support ends the Lifecycle is said to be completed.

You can compare that chart for all .NET framework versions to get the correct way to interpret the information.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:02 AM
    Answerer