Keyboard "hook" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I like making little "Helper" programs that tell me things but in order to freeze them I have to go back to  them and click on them which sometimes messes up their values. So I was wondering how I could get a more global keyboard hook where I don't have to have my form selected to work. Thanks

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:39 AM

Answers

• Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vkey As Integer) As Short

this should get you started on your project... i can't tell you all the code since it is exploitable, so that tidbit should be enough to get you started!

good luck..

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:07 PM

All replies

• Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vkey As Integer) As Short

this should get you started on your project... i can't tell you all the code since it is exploitable, so that tidbit should be enough to get you started!

good luck..

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:07 PM
  • What do you mean by "Exploitable"?

EDIT = I found out a way to use it but I can't find what integer equals each key. like I have found that ctrl = 17 and the downarrow = 40 but Counld you tell me what type of # they are going by or could you post a link to a chart?

EDIT:EDIT: it is like action script or somthing so I found a chart thanks for your help.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:15 PM