none
The source of the report definition has not been specified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've a totally different scenario.

i'm working on an application which generates some reports on the fly by generating RDL. First i tried to work with an reporting server, i used to deploy the generted report onto the reporting server using the webservice interface and run the report after that using the report Viewer web control 2008. Earlier i had three type of errors. one is the topic of this question. Second was that "DataSoruce xxx is not ......blah blah blah. and the 3rd was of query execution failure. i managed to fix the 2nd and 3rd error. but the 1st one is still there.

To fix the 1st one i converted my report procession mode to Local and now i fetch/generate the report definition in memory and load is usein ReportViewer.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition method. now the behavior of my reporting is that out of 4 requests(with same params) only one shows the report and the same errors shows up in export as well. even in the case when report is shown successfully.

I don't know if changing the reports to Local has any issues or my code has some problem of i have not configured the report viewer control correctly. the PROD enviornment is a Web Farm with 2 nods,one SQL and one SSRS server.

i'm kind of stuck here and the client has started to put his foot on my neck :-(

Anybody Please Please Please Help me in it.

thanks

Monday, June 21, 2010 4:04 PM