Expression Studio Ultimate 4 not working with WP7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed Visual Studio Premium 2010, Expression Studio 4 Ultimate and the Windows Phone 7 developer tools. (at least 3 times now)  and still my Windows Phone projects won’t open in Blend.
    Could someone for the Expression or WP7 team please come-up with a proper install or solution.  The CTP’s worked fine. But since I have Expression Studio 4 Ultimate, I can’t Blend for phone.

Cheers,
    Roeland

Roeland
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• Could you check the version # of your Blend 4 install?
    • Proposed as answer by udayonze Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Roeland Jimenez, Right click o the solution/project and then select open with, Blend for phone.

OR

Open Blend for Phone, then " open project " dialog, then browe for the solution to open.

I too am runing Expression Studio 4 Ultimate, Blend for windows phone, and with Visual Studio Ultimate 2010.

But, If you are trying to open a .xap file, You cant open the file

Sai Uday Shankar .K Microsoft Student Partner http://udayonze.com
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

I installed Visual Studio Premium 2010, Expression Studio 4 Ultimate and the Windows Phone 7 developer tools. (at least 3 times now)  and still my Windows Phone projects won’t open in Blend.
    Could someone for the Expression or WP7 team please come-up with a proper install or solution.  The CTP’s worked fine. But since I have Expression Studio 4 Ultimate, I can’t Blend for phone.

Cheers,
    Roeland

Roeland

I have the same problem: even after uninstalling everything I could think of that would impeed a good installation and doing a clean install of everything expression studio ultimate blend does not show a new windows phone project template and windows phone projects won't open. I tried the Microsoft windows phone developer tools - ENU with http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/7/177D6AF8-17FA-40E7-AB53-00B7CED31729/vm_web.exe and without http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=185584 Expression Blend 4 SP1 but no dice. The Visual studio tools are working and compiling.

blend version 4.020525.0 on windows 7 Enterprise x64

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:35 AM
  • If the Blend version number is 4.020525.0, Blend 4 SP1 (and as a result the Windows Phone support) did not get installed. The version number should be 4.0.20901.0.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 2:19 PM
  • <<<UPDATED>>>>>

I solved my own problem...surfing the forums here I noticed someone mentioning their VB  WP7 app wasn't working right in Expression...well that's what my app is in VB...I created a new Panorama C# app...and the designer works...so I guess the answer is to wait for the next SP for Expression..

>>>UPDATED<<<<<

I have a problem where my Expression Blend won't display the designer with any WP7 Panorama project...all it displays is the XAML code?  What gives :(

All other WP7 screens show up no problem and can be modified in designer and saved...the panorama project xaml file however can only be modified in code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    john

John Wildes | Senior Enterprise Architect | United Airlines | Desktop Engineering
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Could you post the xaml and code behind for that page here? Does it show an error in the designer?
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:01 PM
  • Chuck,
    There is no error...the problem appears to be any VB.net Windows Phone project...if you attempt to open XAML files in Expression Blend from Visual Studio 2010 you only see the XAML code which is properly formatted...but no designer, no error message.  I am using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition with the latest WP tools installed. 

r/
    john

John Wildes | Senior Enterprise Architect | United Airlines | Desktop Engineering
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:09 PM
  • Unfortunately I find myself with the same problem but I do NOT have any VB.NET projects anywhere on my computer.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 12:28 AM
  • Which problem? You may want to start a new topic.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:32 PM
  • I seem to be having a similar problem.  I can't get Expression Blend 4 to run at all, either from 2010 for phone or by itself.  I've tried reinstalling it and reinstalling the SP (which failed).
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:51 PM
  • You probably should start a new topic, this original problem was someone trying to use unsupported VB projects.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:53 PM