none
Magnetic Stripe card programming RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a KDE KT-2280 Magnetic Stripe Card Reader that is programmable. I have to develop a program that is capable of reading data on a magnetic stripe card, but i don't know how to do it.

Can you help me with reading magnetic stripe card's data, please?

Thank You,

Guilherme SR

• Moved by Naomi N Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:31 PM Wrong forum - not clear which forum to use
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:33 PM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:21 PM

Answers

• That is a rather simple RS-232 device, so you don't need a driver, just an application that reads and writes the COM port that you plug the device into. This article should get you on your way

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:04 PM

All replies

• That is a rather simple RS-232 device, so you don't need a driver, just an application that reads and writes the COM port that you plug the device into. This article should get you on your way

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:04 PM
  • I don't understand a few things in the article you gave me. This is part of a Java application, I guess. Also, there's a sample to download but the page is unavailable.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:07 PM
  • You can access and control the device using either Win32 or .NET APIs, no driver is necessary. Presumably, one of those API sets is available from Java (or their may be Java-specific APIs that end up calling those)

-Brian

Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:40 PM