Does InkManager work with C++ in the Developer Preview?

Question

• Hi, does the InkManager class work at all using XAML and C++ in the Developer Preview?  I am assuming that I should add an object of this type as a member of my class.  But the moment I do, I get an internal error from the compiler, listed below.  Is this completely broken, or am I using this class incorrectly?  In general, is the C++/XAML binding less stable than other XAML bindings like C#?  Thanks.

1>c:\users\gederek\documents\visual studio 11\projects\application1\application1\mainpage.xaml.cpp(18): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.

1> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1435)

1> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.

1> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

1> INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\CL.exe'

1> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:58 PM

Answers

• I figured out my problem, it was a dumb mistake.  The member of my class was the object itself rather than a pointer.  I suppose an internal error in the compiler is still a bit of an issue though.  Thanks for replying Rob. 

• Marked as answer by DerekMuk Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:32 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Derek,

Can you provide details on how you are using InkManager? It should work fine in C++ and compiles cleanly for me in a simple app.

--Rob

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:26 PM
    Owner
  • I figured out my problem, it was a dumb mistake.  The member of my class was the object itself rather than a pointer.  I suppose an internal error in the compiler is still a bit of an issue though.  Thanks for replying Rob. 

• Marked as answer by DerekMuk Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:32 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:31 AM