Outlook 2010 - Adding Items to Inspector Context Menus RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add a few items to the context menu when the user is in the body of an item. There are only a few context menu ids in the control id files for the inspectors/message classes and they don't seem to work. I tried using the 'ContextMenuTextEdit' id from the word control id file but that didn't work. Is this possible?

Friday, January 14, 2011 10:13 PM

Answers

• No, I haven't tried any context menus from the ribbon idMso's for Inspectors for Outlook 2010 yet. I'll check that out when I get a chance though, and post back here.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Tim Pulley" <=?utf-8?B?VGltIFB1bGxleQ==?=> wrote in message news:d7a1faf4-ac38-44a1-8e41-a980896d13d9...

Ken, thanks for replying. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm trying to do is add menu items to the Inspector's context menu when the user is in the body of an item. I can't seem to get this to work. (I didn't have any problems with the Explorer context menu. It was straight forward and worked as expected.) Have you tried adding items to an Inspector context menu? The IDs in the inspector control id files don't work for me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Tim

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:10 PM

All replies

• The context menus for items right-clicked in an Explorer window are listed in the XLSX for Outlook Explorers, did you look there? You most likely would want to handle the "ContextMenuMailItem" context menu for a single item and the "ContextMenuMultipleItems" context menu for clicks when more than 1 item is selected.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook

"Tim Pulley" <=?utf-8?B?VGltIFB1bGxleQ==?=> wrote in message news:a897e5ac-203f-478f-9237-a3bd74f82651...

I want to add a few items to the context menu when the user is in the body of an item. There are only a few context menu ids in the control id files for the inspectors/message classes and they don't seem to work. I tried using the 'ContextMenuTextEdit' id from the word control id file but that didn't work. Is this possible?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Monday, January 17, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Ken, thanks for replying. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm trying to do is add menu items to the Inspector's context menu when the user is in the body of an item. I can't seem to get this to work. (I didn't have any problems with the Explorer context menu. It was straight forward and worked as expected.) Have you tried adding items to an Inspector context menu? The IDs in the inspector control id files don't work for me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Tim

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:40 PM
  • No, I haven't tried any context menus from the ribbon idMso's for Inspectors for Outlook 2010 yet. I'll check that out when I get a chance though, and post back here.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook

"Tim Pulley" <=?utf-8?B?VGltIFB1bGxleQ==?=> wrote in message news:d7a1faf4-ac38-44a1-8e41-a980896d13d9...

Ken, thanks for replying. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm trying to do is add menu items to the Inspector's context menu when the user is in the body of an item. I can't seem to get this to work. (I didn't have any problems with the Explorer context menu. It was straight forward and worked as expected.) Have you tried adding items to an Inspector context menu? The IDs in the inspector control id files don't work for me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Tim

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:10 PM