none
FIMSynchronizationService Event ID 6309 RRS feed

• Question

• I just recreated my SharePoint 2013 User Profile Service in order to start fresh with a new authentication regime we are bringing in.   We wanted to remove all the old users (from an Oracle LDAP) that were synced and begin new with users ADFS Federated users from Active Directory.   I created my synchronization connection and attempted to kick off a sync.

The sync runs for a bit and then quits.  I am seeing the following in my Event logs:

FIMSynchronizationService  EventID 6309.

The server encountered an unexpected error while performing an operation for a management agent.

"BAIL: MMS(1344): dnutils.cpp(1329): 0x800700b7 (Cannot create a file when that file already exists.): Cannot add partition  to the list because it already exists at position 0
    BAIL: MMS(1344): ldapmacore.cpp(845): 0x80070057 (The parameter is incorrect.): Object class inclusion list for partition #2 differs from previous partitions
    BAIL: MMS(1344): ldapmacore.cpp(1785): 0x80070057 (The parameter is incorrect.)
    BAIL: MMS(1344): cntrler.cpp(501): 0x80230808 (The management agent run was terminated as there were unspecified management agent errors.)
    BAIL: MMS(1344): ma.cpp(3631): 0x80230808 (The management agent run was terminated as there were unspecified management agent errors.)
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.51"

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:08 PM

Answers

• Hi SDBOR-Eric,

2) They are the FIM menu items.

To troubleshoot the issue, you could create a new user profile service application and create a new connection to check if the same issue will occur.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by SDBOR-Eric Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:35 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi SDBOR-Eric,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Remove the OU which the user profile service application cannot reach from the connection.

2. Uncheck the option “Run this management agent in a separate process” from the “Configure extensions” item in the management agent properties.

3. Check if the database server is running and available.

There is a similar post:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01de6e3b-911b-4c5c-8b87-55cbac2d9a1f/user-profile-issues-looks-like-it-is-running-but-not-picking-up-changes-or-new-accounts?forum=sharepointadminprevious

More references:

User Profile Synchronization Service unexpected failure -Events 6300-6309.

http://msspadmin.blogspot.com/2014/01/event-id-6300-6309.html#!/2014/01/event-id-6300-6309.html

#MIM2016 Troubleshooting: FIM MA Full import error 0x80070002.

https://identityunderground.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/mim2016-troubleshooting-fim-ma-full-import-error-0x80070002/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestions.  With regard to those, I have some notes:

1.) We have attempted to change the OUs that the Sync is accessing without any change in the behavior.

2.) I am unfamiliar with the options “Run this management agent in a separate process” from the “Configure extensions” item in the management agent properties.  Are these sharePoint menu items or FIM menu items?

3.) Confirmed SQL is up and running.  The sync, social and profile DBs are all owned by the service account that we are using to run the synchronization.

Further, we made the service account that runs the sync domain administrator on the domain that we have control over.  There was no change in behavior after that action either.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:26 PM
  • Hi SDBOR-Eric,

2) They are the FIM menu items.

To troubleshoot the issue, you could create a new user profile service application and create a new connection to check if the same issue will occur.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

• Marked as answer by SDBOR-Eric Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:35 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:43 AM
  • In reviewing the steps to recreate the UPS, I discovered that I had probably overlooked a field while creating the UPS last time.  A drop down asks which server in the farm that you want to run the UPS on.  By default, our WFE server is selected.   

Upon deleting and recreating the UPS with the index server as the host for UPS, I was then able to create a sync connection.  I kicked off a full sync and did not observe the FIM 6309 error again. 

Thank you for your help in this matter!!!

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Hi SDBOR-Eric,

It is very happy that the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your sharing and it will help others have the same issue.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Friday, May 24, 2019 2:38 AM