none
Need ideas, how to create resource scheduler? only using workflows

Question

• Hi,

So I found out that SP2013 doesn't have resource option in the calendar and I am not able to modify XML file noir I know how to run it via JavaScript. I am asking your guys ideas on how to create resource booking via workflow. There will be a person who will be approving that request. I just can't figure it out check double booking using workflow

Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:01 AM

All replies

• One workaround I've done in the past is to have a calendar with recurring events with the title "Available". Then you give everyone a view of that calendar which filters for items where title="Available". If they click on an item, it will open DispForm.aspx. I then add code to DispForm.aspx to automatically open the Edit item, which in turn breaks recurrence. On EditForm.aspx I have code to set the Title to the user's name (SPServices gets this for me). When the user hits save the recurrence is broken and an item at that slot is replaced with their reservation. If they want to cancel, deleting their entry returns the recurrence.

Please remember to mark as answer if you found this to be helpful. Andy Wessendorf

Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:10 PM
  • Hi,

The only method which I know is editing the XML file to enable the resource calendar.

You can check if the method provided by Andrew Wessendorf works for you.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 7, 2018 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Is there any update in your issue?

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 2:50 AM