Azure storage files - view/edit RRS feed

• Question

• I have my files stored in Azure File System and here are the requirements -

1.User should be able to view the documents without downloading it to the local - this is working fine for pdf but not any other mime types -. I tried setting content-type,content -disposition (in azure file properties but no luck) and also iframe.

1. User should be able to edit the doc online without downloading. I dont think this is possible just with Azure and have to integrate with One Drive may be? Correct me if I am wrong?

Would really appreciate any inputs/thoughts

Thanks in advance!

Friday, June 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Answers

• Azure Portal does not have this ability to view/edit files from Azure File Storage in browser today. We will take this feedback and will tailor it back into our roadmap.

Onedrive offers this functionality inherently. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

• Marked as answer by Nimzz Thursday, June 8, 2017 5:04 PM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• Looks like your question has already been answered in this post on Stack Overflow. Also, I encourage you to share your feedback regarding previewing Azure blob storage files by visiting this link.
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 3:35 AM
  • Hello, Thanks for your reply. I didnt really get an answer for this question -
    * User should be able to view the documents without downloading it to the local - this is working fine for pdf but not any other mime types -. I tried setting content-type,content -disposition (in azure file properties but no luck) and also iframe.

Any inputs?

Monday, June 5, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Hi Nimzz - When you say - view the documents without downloading it to the local  - are you referring to viewing in browser?

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Yes! View/Edit in the browser like google drive

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:06 PM
  • Azure Portal does not have this ability to view/edit files from Azure File Storage in browser today. We will take this feedback and will tailor it back into our roadmap.

Onedrive offers this functionality inherently. 

• Marked as answer by Nimzz Thursday, June 8, 2017 5:04 PM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:02 PM
  • Dear Rena; 

Currently i have two project: 

1- I having Azure storage account, i need to access from any client machine  on promise as amount share map drive, i am using net use command it always given me this error: (The network name cant be found),i try everything but i can't ever be able to map.

2- I need to replicate my current physical server which it is on promise, with azure means if the phsical server goes down the cloud base server will take place.

Thank You

regards 

-------------------------------

Eng: Rami Yousf Mohammed

kingdom of Bahrain - Middle East.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:18 AM
  • @Rami Yousf Use this troubleshooting guide to fix issues with Azure File storage mapping.

For the 2nd scenario you can consider using Azure Site Recovery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Monday, July 3, 2017 11:22 AM
    Monday, July 3, 2017 9:49 AM