Web Application Deployment Problem (Internet Explorer version) RRS feed

• Question

• User-582544754 posted
    I have deployed a web based application on Windows XP machine. My web application does a task of merging crystal report and accessing various pages. When I access my web application from a XP Client machine, I do tasks in this manner, Firstly I merge the crystal reports and then go to some other page. Everything works smoothly when I access from XP Client Machine. But when I access the same Web Application from Win 2000, then after merging report I cannot access Other pages (in other words when I click then there is no response from the browser). I have a doubt on the versions of Internet Explorer because when I access my web application from Win 2000 PC with Opera Browser it works smoothly like a XP client machine. So What could be the problem with Internet Explorer of Win 2000, wherein I am not able to access any pages after I merger Crystal reports. The version of IE SP1 on Win 2000 is 6.0.2800.1106 and version of IE SP2 on Win XP is 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 Can anyone help me on this?
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:19 AM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

Based on your description, your application works fine on the server.

Please try to install the latest service pack for IE in the Win 2000.

You can also try to install IE version 7 in this machine to verify if it works.

Did you install some Add-Ins for IE? If yes, you can try to eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins are causing problems.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2008 5:25 AM