Upload x64, x86 and ARM builds in Windows App Store

Question

• Hi All,

We have added SQLite to our Windows 8 app and because of that we have to create 3 different DLLs for each of the CPU type . Now the problem is how to upload these DLLs in the app store .Do we have to bundle them together and then upload or upload them seperately? Is yes/no, then How?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:19 PM

Answers

• I know this is late but I was facing with same problem myself.

Wish microsoft would at least documented this somewhere instead of me fumbling around in the dark.

Through trial and error, I manage to found out the culprit.

When creating App Packages for Windows Store,

for 'generate app bundle' dropdown, always choose 'Never' option.

After that, I manage to upload 3 .appxupload file to windows store with no problem.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:10 AM

All replies

• You will get three separate bundles and will upload them one after the other in the Packages step of the submission process. The store will recognize the supported architectures from the package manifest and deliver them to devices according to that: e.g. ARM version to ARM tablets, etc.

The packages step of the submission process is also able to accept separate versions for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 if you want to submit a version with extended capabilities for Windows 8.1 users.

• Proposed as answer by Oliver Ulm Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:09 PM
  • You can directly drag-and-drop those package to upload

like below, this app is include SQLite too!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:51 PM
  • Thanks Oliver and THKAW ..

i tried to upload the DLLs one after another in the packages part of app submission process .But there seems to be an issue that as soon as I upload one DLL after another , one the latest DLL is shown and not all the DLLs ( for eg. after ARM appxupload file, when i drag and drop the x86 appxupload file , only x86is visible and ARM relates appxupload dissapears from the list 0

What should i do .We have not mentioned the supportedArchiecture anywhere .We have also tried with keeping the version number of all 3 packages same and also different .None of them worked .

• Edited by HimanshuTolani Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:13 PM was lenghty
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:26 AM
  • I know this is late but I was facing with same problem myself.

Wish microsoft would at least documented this somewhere instead of me fumbling around in the dark.

Through trial and error, I manage to found out the culprit.

When creating App Packages for Windows Store,

for 'generate app bundle' dropdown, always choose 'Never' option.

After that, I manage to upload 3 .appxupload file to windows store with no problem.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:10 AM