locked
Problems with error logging RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've added a new application to an existing instance of NS allready running another application.

    The new application has a single event in it, but when I added the application yesterday it didn't submit anything to the EventBatches table. The event query interval was set to 30 seconds. There was no error logs written at all.

    This morning, there was still nothing in the EventBatches table, but there was 6 simoultaneous errors thrown with a time difference of 1-4 hours between them.
    (The error message was insufficent rights on the queried table in the event query - no problem, I fixed the rights)

    But still, theres nothing in the EventBatches table. Now how long do I have to wait before NS throws an error log I can use for debugging? I would expect NS to throw errors everytime the events query fails - that would be every 30 seconds. But insted it seems to throw error messages rarely at random times.

    Now I'm quite sure the problem isn't my interval settings, as I use the exact same settings as the existing application. And this application throws errors every 30 seconds if problems with the event query.

    Can anyone figure out why the error logging behaves this way?

    /Henrik



    Thursday, July 7, 2005 6:30 AM

Answers

  • Hmm... clearing all the application logs in the logviewer, fixed the problem.
    Now error logs are thrown as I would expect them to be, and  I can bedug from there.

    I'm embarressed I didn't think of this before - sorry for waisting your time.

    /Henrik
    Friday, July 8, 2005 10:49 AM

All replies

  • Hello,
    It isn't clear from your post, but I assume you're using the built-in SQLProvider event provider. Is that correct?

    Can you post the event class definition and the event provider configuration elements from your ADF?

    Thanks
    -shyam
    Thursday, July 7, 2005 8:32 PM
  • Yes it's a built-in provider.
    I'm  not able to post the sections from my definition file right now, as I'm not connected to the Internet in my development environment and more important - strict company rules forbids my to do so.

    So I understand helping me out gets a bit difficult... :-(

    /Henrik
    Friday, July 8, 2005 6:39 AM
  • Hmm... clearing all the application logs in the logviewer, fixed the problem.
    Now error logs are thrown as I would expect them to be, and  I can bedug from there.

    I'm embarressed I didn't think of this before - sorry for waisting your time.

    /Henrik
    Friday, July 8, 2005 10:49 AM