AdventureWorks.Shopper - service is unreachable

Question

• Hi,

I have downloaded and compiled the Prism sample for Windows 8 "AdventureWorks.Shopper". It works fine on my development machine under Visual Studio 2012 but when I deploy it to my tablet (also Windows 8) I receive this error message:

Service is unreachable. The following error messages were received from the service: An error occurred while sending the request.

Has anyone encountered this error before? Where should I start to diagnose the problem? The EventLog does not contain any useful information. When I looked at the code, I don't see any clear entry point to find out what request is sent. I can see an exception handler swallowing exceptions though, yuck!

Thanks,

Leszek

Wiki: wbswiki.com

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is the sample doing? How is it trying to reach the service? Are you blocking it with your firewall? What traffic do you see if you sniff it with Fiddler?

For help with Prism please post in the discussions and issues pages on the Prism for Windows Runtime page at http://prismwindowsruntime.codeplex.com/ .

--Rob

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:47 AM
    Owner
  • Q: What is the sample doing?

A: It displays a bunch of bicycles on the screen. This is the Microsoft sample that comes with Prism.

Q: How is it trying to reach the service?

A: I don't know. There is lots of code involved. I hope someone who run the sample would enlighten me.

Q: Are you blocking it with your firewall?

A: I don't thinks so. All other apps have access to the Internet.

Q: What traffic do you see if you sniff it with Fiddler?

A: I will try to sniff it with Fiddler and see.

Thanks for suggestion to contact the Prism people.

--Leszek

Wiki: wbswiki.com

Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:23 PM