rdlc / there is not enough space on disk RRS feed

• Question

• User106761762 posted
    Hello, we are using RDLC on a webapplication, It is host on an internal web server for internal users. During a year all the user can generate reports, but recently gets an error: "there is not enough space on disk". I don't understand these error. Please help.
    Friday, November 30, 2018 8:58 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi alfredo2002,

Hello, we are using RDLC on a webapplication, It is host on an internal web server for internal users. During a year all the user can generate reports, but recently gets an error: "there is not enough space on disk". I don't understand these error. Please help.

According to the error message, it seems your disk space is not enough.

We could check the C drive to see if the disk is not enough, if the paht is not correct, you can find the correct path of your ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB (db files) as below: 

1. Using SSMS, Right Click on the ReportServer database and go to properties and then select Files. please find the path on the right in the table.
    2. Do the same thing for ReportServerTempDB. What drive(s) are the paths using?
    3. Then navigate to the drive(s) used above to see your disc size and amount free.

If your problem still exists,please also try to provide more details error message in the log files which path is like:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:02 AM
  • User106761762 posted
    Hello Brando, we does not have any ReportServer because of the use of RDLC instead of RDL report.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 2:45 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Then check your web server disk.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:00 PM
  • User106761762 posted
    ok but the Administrator is asking me why this type of report is filling the disk and what kind of file is producing, and where are those files
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:40 PM
  • User753101303 posted

According for example to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51045393/microsoft-reportviewer-temporary-files-cleanup try to check if temp files could be left in c:\windows\temp.

I assume he is really seeing that c: is nearly full ???

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:47 PM