visual studio 2017 report viewer assemble application with its dependencies RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I created an application and in a windows form I had imported the Report Viewer v2015 library, it works perfectly on the computer I am currently working on, now when I want to open the application on a different computer, it does not work and it generates an error.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The error is that I do not have the MS SQL CLR Types 2014, 

My question is, is there any way to include libraries of this error when compiling. I mean the folder DEBUG where the executable is located

Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

1. If SQL-Server be it full or EXPRESS must be installed and running and if not then a silent install would need to be performed as per the following or work with the following installer to integrate the required libraries.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Royer12 Sunday, December 16, 2018 9:55 PM
    Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

1. If SQL-Server be it full or EXPRESS must be installed and running and if not then a silent install would need to be performed as per the following or work with the following installer to integrate the required libraries.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Royer12 Sunday, December 16, 2018 9:55 PM
    Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:08 PM
  • Hello,

VB Forums - moderator

Hello Karen, in this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\SDK\Assemblies

are the libraries, now what you have said is that if or if I have to install the SQL Express ?, you also mentioned the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Installer Projects.
    I do not know what you were referring to, could you explain? What I want is that I only need to copy the libraries of this error in the bin\Debug\Miapp.exe  folder

Sunday, December 16, 2018 3:12 AM