none
The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have tried all possible ways in solving the problem (The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine) which has been mentioned in social.msdn.microsoft.com...

Alas I am still getting stuck...

I am having 4 different pages from where I upload excel files. I set an output value for each of the steps it execute while uploading and processing excel files. 

The strangest part is that of the 4 pages I am getting a value which I set as output value saying that there is a problem eith adapter.fill() method and the other 2 pages are just showing the error page with 'The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine'

Pls help
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:56 AM

All replies

• Are you sure that when application uploads Excel files it does not corrupt them? Try to save files uploaded and see if you could open them in Excel
    Val Mazur (MVP) http://www.xporttools.net
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:33 AM
  • Kind of unclear what's going on here. Which version of Windows are you working with? Also, is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Is this a desktop app or web app?
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Friday, February 27, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Hee, I am also facing same problem, my machine is a running on windows VISTA, 64 bit and its a desktop application. I am able to open excel file manually.

Please help me!
    Thank You
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:14 AM
  • Have you compiled your application using the x86 option? There currently is no 64-bit database driver for Microsoft Access so you have to compile your app for 32-bit, which enables it to run in 64-bit WoW (the 32-bit sub system).
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:25 PM