Windows Store publishing rules and guidelines? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings, I'm an owner of an open gaming platform for browser MMO Games developers - https://forgamer.com/

Some time ago I developed an app for PC to access gaming platform directly without a browser and to utilize OS notifications, GPU, Flash and other things. 

So maybe I can use a Windows Store for publishing? I was unable to find any decent information about term and limitations of a Store. I got all verified certificates (PCI DSS, SSL, Signed code) and licenses from a games' developers but the main concern is about platform unified currency (coins) which players can buy for real money and then trade in-game for gaming goods. 

Where <g class="gr_ gr_16 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="16" id="16">I can</g> find a guidelines or terms for developers? Do I need to integrate payment system or can use my own? Is it even possible to publish such .msi with content like <g class="gr_ gr_51 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="51" id="51">i</g> have on forgamer.com? 

Thanks in advance for your answers. 

• Edited by forgamer Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Without accessing your app, we cannot make sure if the Store supports your app for publishing. But you can contact Dev Center support with enough detailed information so that they can review it.

Additionally, regarding the "main concern" or any possible copyright issues, you'd better read our Windows Store Policy :

"10.8.1
    You must use the Microsoft in-app purchase API to sell digital items or services that are consumed or used within your app. Your app may enable users to consume previously purchased digital content or services, but must not direct users to a purchase mechanism other than the Microsoft in-app purchase API.
    In-app products sold in your app cannot be converted to any legally valid currency (e.g. USD, Euro, etc.) or any physical goods or services."

If you cannot find the details you want to know in the Store policy and App Developer Agreement, please communicate with Dev Center support. The service request is for free.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by forgamer Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:23 PM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Without accessing your app, we cannot make sure if the Store supports your app for publishing. But you can contact Dev Center support with enough detailed information so that they can review it.

Additionally, regarding the "main concern" or any possible copyright issues, you'd better read our Windows Store Policy :

"10.8.1
    You must use the Microsoft in-app purchase API to sell digital items or services that are consumed or used within your app. Your app may enable users to consume previously purchased digital content or services, but must not direct users to a purchase mechanism other than the Microsoft in-app purchase API.
    In-app products sold in your app cannot be converted to any legally valid currency (e.g. USD, Euro, etc.) or any physical goods or services."

If you cannot find the details you want to know in the Store policy and App Developer Agreement, please communicate with Dev Center support. The service request is for free.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by forgamer Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:23 PM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:29 AM
  • Thank you very much, 10.8.1 clears everything. Those links are what i'm was looking for. 

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:24 PM