Media Transport Controls changed in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm back again. windows 10 seems nice enough but, my app from 8.1 uses the media transport controls and I thought was nice enough looked great enough and worked well enough for the proposes of my app. the built in features had a timer to know where you were in your song & if you wanted to you could slide it back to the beginning of the song, it was super thin & didn't take up much space and had a volume slider to raise or lower the volume. Now in win ten. half of the functionality of the control is gone and replaced with dumb controls like expand to watch video, and cast to device to step away form my app and go to another room? there's a timer and volume button but no way to restart music.  

Update: Ok I found the slider but my transport control had to be set at "Height:=100" or more to see it my old transport control was set at "Height:=85". But still this 100 is taking up a lot of space any ideas to make it smaller?

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hello ADSharp,

Sounds like this is the default behavior of built-in transport controls. If it is possible what about create  custom  transport controls to do the same thing like it.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Monday, November 9, 2015 11:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hello ADSharp,

I'm not so sure about your Media Transport Controls here. Do you mean SystemMediaTransportControls class or just mediaelement?

I've checked the UWP sample and it seems the UI you are talking about is not what I can see by default.

Do you mind to share some screenshots or give us your sample which can reproduce your question?

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 7:54 AM
  • old windows 8.1 media element with transport controls used for a music player

old windows 8.1 media element with transport controls used for a music player "height= 85" and fully showing the progress bar, its also only taking up about a actual height of 60.

• Edited by ADSharp Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:52 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:47 AM
  • new windows 10 media element with transport controls used for a music player

new windows 10 media element with transport controls used for a music player "height= 100" and not fully showing the progress bar

• Edited by ADSharp Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:51 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:49 AM
  • Hello ADSharp,

Sounds like this is the default behavior of built-in transport controls. If it is possible what about create  custom  transport controls to do the same thing like it.

Best regards,

Barry

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Monday, November 9, 2015 11:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:50 AM