none
Filtering from today and two weeks on RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,Is there a way to make a filter which is set to sort out the items that are going to start today and the 2 next coming weeks?The filter below shows all "Montering" tasks between 14-11-18 and 14-12-18, but is there a way of doing the filtering so it shows all "Montering" tasks between today and for the next 2 coming weeks?

Kind regards //Anders

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Anders,

You can do what you want with a custom field.  The process is this...

Use a custom date field to calculate two weeks from today (or the current project date) - something like date() + 14 would do it from today - (and use the formula for summary tasks too).

Create a new filter that compares this custom field to the finish date / start date of the tasks.  The following images should help.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by AT_lamnea Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:47 AM
  • Hi At_lamnea,

There isn't anything that defines "two weeks", so you will have to enter the date when you create the filter.

Dates can be entered by using the "?" character.  Have a look at the Tasks Starting Soon filter and you will see what I mean.

• Marked as answer by AT_lamnea Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi At_lamnea,

There isn't anything that defines "two weeks", so you will have to enter the date when you create the filter.

Dates can be entered by using the "?" character.  Have a look at the Tasks Starting Soon filter and you will see what I mean.

• Marked as answer by AT_lamnea Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:58 AM
  • Ok Ben, thanks. But what if you want to make a report using that filter then?

Kind regards //Anders

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:16 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Blow me down, two filters (tasks starting soon and tasks due this week) don't require input - I have requested more information from MS to see if I can extend this at all and I'll let you know the outcome. 

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Ok, thanks Ben!
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Hi Anders,

You can do what you want with a custom field.  The process is this...

Use a custom date field to calculate two weeks from today (or the current project date) - something like date() + 14 would do it from today - (and use the formula for summary tasks too).

Create a new filter that compares this custom field to the finish date / start date of the tasks.  The following images should help.

• Marked as answer by AT_lamnea Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:47 AM
  • Brilliant Ben, of course, that is a clever way of doing it. Should have figured that out Before.

Thank you very much !

Kind regards //Anders

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Hi Anders,

I have to thank my fellow MVPs (Rod Gill, EricU, and Sai Prasad) for their input.  What I love about Project is that I'm always learning new stuff.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:55 AM
  • Hi Ben,

As a project user this forum is a fantastic rescource, have got all questions asked answered with quick, accurate and producitve replies, except for two questions, which probably are bugs. Wonder if Microsoft really understands how important this forum is for Project users. Have now, by the help of Rod, VBA code that creates numerous reports, email updates and other things that simplifies the work alot.

Project is a great tool, specially the team planner and the new report tool. What is annoying though is the Team planner bug that came up in version 2013, it works excellent in 2010, but in 2013 it just stops working. Would somehow like to transfer this information to MS so they can look into it.

Kind regards //Anders

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Microsoft know the value of these forums, for sure. 

Do you have more details of the team planner bug or an existing link to a post?

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Ben,

Hope that they do so, they should.

The Name of the post is simply:

"Project 2013 freezes in Team planner view"

Did get several replies, but have not so far been in Contact with Microsoft, (Really have not looked into how to do it)

Kind regards //Anders

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:26 AM