Windows Mobile 6 SDK corrupts Visual Studio 2008 mobile development RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Having installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition (also tried with Team Suite) (on fresh machine) I tried creating some Windows Mobile 5.0 smart device unit tests and it worked like a charm. But after installing Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK it seems like it somehow corrupts parts of the system.

When I try to create a new unit test (either by doing it from the source (right click -> create unit test) or by doing it from within the Test View) I get the following error:

"The following error occured while creating the Test Project.

Specified cast is not valid"

This has been tested on Windows XP 32 and 64bit and Windows Vista 32 and 64bit (on various machines), all with the same problem.

I tried searching everywhere but without luck, so I really hope someone in here can help out - I'm puzzled that noone else have reported this problem.

Best Regards

Simon, Denmark

P.S I tried reinstalling/repairing Windows Mobile 6 SDK, .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008 without luck.
    Friday, January 25, 2008 12:49 PM

Answers

• Apperently it seems like visual svn was the cause of it, it's a known issue with their software I found out.

http://groups.google.com/group/visualsvn/browse_thread/thread/8c0da26c1662f56c

Regards Simon
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 11:48 PM