none
Conditional expression using two datasets? RRS feed

• Question

• I need a textbox in a report to check to see if there is a value for FarmTrimPrice.  If there is a value, use it.  If its null, then use the value from a different dataset. 

=Sum(iif(Fields!FarmTrimPrice.Value <> nothing , Fields!FarmTrimPrice, ___________), "FarmsDS_Farms")

where the blank is, I would need:    Fields!PricePerCow.Value, "PricingDS_Pricing"

however this really doesnt work!  Is it even possible to do this or should I just create a completely new DS for this report that has several tables in it?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:28 PM

Answers

• found my own answer.  Its call Report Parameters in case any other extreme newbie comes here looking for the same answer
    • Marked as answer by DigitalFusion Friday, September 19, 2008 7:52 PM
    Friday, September 19, 2008 7:52 PM

All replies

• creating a new DS for the report wasnt the answer either.  so is there some way to do what I am trying to do?
    Friday, September 19, 2008 7:24 AM
  • Hi
        I think that you can do this only for fields that are in the same scope, data source (for example in the same table).

everything is a matter of probability...
    Friday, September 19, 2008 11:11 AM
  • please tell me that isnt true!  If it is, is there a way to determine what I want the value of these textboxes to be in the code of the form that calls the reportviewer, and then pass that data onto the report?
    Friday, September 19, 2008 5:16 PM
  • found my own answer.  Its call Report Parameters in case any other extreme newbie comes here looking for the same answer
    • Marked as answer by DigitalFusion Friday, September 19, 2008 7:52 PM
    Friday, September 19, 2008 7:52 PM