none
How can I find struct infor of .NET? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know the struct of .NET, where can I find some lessons? Better has structure chart, not just that Pie Chart usually to find.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:22 AM

Answers

• Are you looking for a structure chart of the entire .NET Class Library?

I don't believe you'll find one as the size of the library makes a single chart impractical.

Instead you can use available MSDN online documentation to follow the tree through namespaces to the classes in each namespace:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229335.aspx

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Hi King's Army,

Thanks for your post.

The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services.

The .NET Framework has two main components: the common language runtime and the .NET Framework class library.

• The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. You can think of the runtime as an agent that manages code at execution time, providing core services such as memory management, thread management, and remoting, while also enforcing strict type safety and other forms of code accuracy that promote security and robustness. In fact, the concept of code management is a fundamental principle of the runtime. Code that targets the runtime is known as managed code, while code that does not target the runtime is known as unmanaged code.
    • The class library, the other main component of the .NET Framework, is a comprehensive, object-oriented collection of reusable types that you can use to develop applications ranging from traditional command-line or graphical user interface (GUI) applications to applications based on the latest innovations provided by ASP.NET, such as Web Forms and XML Web services.

For more information, please see:

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 25, 2011 8:03 AM

All replies

• Are you looking for a structure chart of the entire .NET Class Library?

I don't believe you'll find one as the size of the library makes a single chart impractical.

Instead you can use available MSDN online documentation to follow the tree through namespaces to the classes in each namespace:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229335.aspx

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Hi King's Army,

Thanks for your post.

The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services.

The .NET Framework has two main components: the common language runtime and the .NET Framework class library.

• The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. You can think of the runtime as an agent that manages code at execution time, providing core services such as memory management, thread management, and remoting, while also enforcing strict type safety and other forms of code accuracy that promote security and robustness. In fact, the concept of code management is a fundamental principle of the runtime. Code that targets the runtime is known as managed code, while code that does not target the runtime is known as unmanaged code.
    • The class library, the other main component of the .NET Framework, is a comprehensive, object-oriented collection of reusable types that you can use to develop applications ranging from traditional command-line or graphical user interface (GUI) applications to applications based on the latest innovations provided by ASP.NET, such as Web Forms and XML Web services.

For more information, please see:

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 25, 2011 8:03 AM