__doPostBack query for connected web parts as a BCS Action RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created two external content types in SharePoint Designer, "Branches" and "Exceptions" and an external list for each.

I then created a page with a "Business Data List" web part (for Branches) connected to a "Business Data Related List" web part (for Exceptions)

When I click on the icon to filter the Exceptions web part by the selected Branch (double ended arrow)  it works as intended, only displaying the exceptions related to that particular branch.

I now want to create a BCS "action" to do the exact same thing and make it the default action when clicking on the Branch name instead of the existing default action, which is to display the profile page.

I can successfully create the new action but the problem is with the query/filter

The only option for BCS actions, is to create a URL with parameters but this isn't working for me as it won't pass through the results to the connected web part like it does with the __doPostBack function when clicking on the specific filter icon.  

Does anyone know if it possible to create a BCS action to filter results in connected web parts?
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:25 AM