BizSpark & Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Our company has recently been notified that it will soon graduate from the Microsoft BizSpark program. We currently utilise MS Azure as a hosting platform for our application and web services and I am trying to figure out what the effect will be on Azure after we graduate the program. Essentially we need our Azure instance to continue otherwise our apps go-dead etc. Is anyone able to advise how we maintain our Azure instance after we graduate off Bizspark?

Thanks

David

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:33 AM

All replies

• When the BizSpark offer ends, your subscription will be disabled if spending limit is set. If you have removed your spending limit, the subscription will automatically convert to an Azure Pay-As-You-Go subscription on the BizSpark offer end date.

Hence, I would suggest you to check the email you have received which indicates what will happen to your BizSpark subscription once it ends.

Sapna G

• Edited by Sapna Girish Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:17 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Sapna Girish Thursday, April 6, 2017 4:15 PM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:25 AM
  • My BizSpark offer ends soon too. So it is not necessary to create a new subscription and move my resource groups to the new subscription? So I don't have to do anything (except remove spending limit)? I have not received email yet, but I want to prepare for this early.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:49 AM
  • As mentioned in this document, if your subscription is a Free Trial, Visual Studio, Azure in Open (AIO), or BizSpark (In your case), your subscription is automatically disabled when all your credits are used. Yes, spending limits helps avoid having your subscription unexpectantly disabled.

The following FAQs (here), will help you with your questions:

Q: What happens after my time in BizSpark is done?

A: Your Startup Administrator will be able to accept the graduation amendment and receive a license grant that provides your team some software for perpetual use. We send startup administrators reminder emails when your time in BizSpark is nearing its end.

If you have not received the email, you may contact the support.

Q: How do I continue to work with Microsoft after BizSpark?

A: The best option is to join the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN). MPN offers training, resources and benefits to help BizSpark graduates continue to grow their business with Microsoft and access go-to-market programs, including Microsoft’s global salesforce. The benefits include technical services, including consultations with Microsoft engineers during application development and deployment, access to software and cloud services to use to develop and test, no-cost, on-demand technical training, business development guidance, digital marketing training and assets as well as paid go-to-market packages.

Q: What is the BizSpark Graduation Offer?

A: At graduation, your Startup will get a license grant to keep, at no charge, most of the software your Startup downloaded while in the BizSpark program.

Additionally,

Q: What happened to BizSpark?

A: In February 2018, BizSpark was replaced by the Microsoft for Startups program.

Q: Do the new terms mean you are extending the BizSpark program?

A: The BizSpark program was replaced by the Microsoft for Startups program in February 2018. Accepting the terms of use is a requirement for maintaining existing program benefits for startups already enrolled in the BizSpark program.

For a more specialized assistance on this query, you could visit BizSpark program forums or open a free billing/subscription ticket, checkout How to create an Azure support request for the process– On the “New Support Request” blade, under the ‘Issue Type” dropdown select ‘Subscription management’ and proceed further to log a case to work closely with the support.

Reference: Microsoft for Startupsfor more FAQs and support.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:27 AM
  • Just Checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Saturday, July 7, 2018 7:29 AM
  • This is not clear:
    I got a message saying that my bizspark subscription is ending.
    So I setup a payment method to take care of the monthly expenses (assuming that it will be around the same amount as in the last few months).

I am not clear what the spending limit is set to after bizspark subscription ends. The Azure portal just says "click here to remove the spending limit" - but it never shows what the current limit is. Wouldn't this information be useful to me? Is it set to $0? If yes - what's the point?

Also, it is not clear as to how much the monthly billed amount would be if I remove spending limit (and get automatically changed to pay as you go)? Would it be same as before or half of the earlier amount or twice as much? 

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:26 PM